Writings on AI from 17 years ago....

Chris Zach cz at alembic.crystel.com
Tue May 25 11:57:52 CDT 2021

> Based on the number of items I've rescued from rotting garages, basements,
> and warehouses owned (or formerly owned) by enthusiastic and competent
> individuals with the best of intentions -- both as part of my former job
> and my ongoing hobby over the past 20+ years -- I can say with confidence
> that this, uh, may not be strictly true.

There is that, however I will say that Bob's basement has been like a
little time machine for the Perq lovers: 17 years ago that stuff was
common and everyone got rid of it. Now it's back and being preserved.

Still, I'm not donating either of the Perq1's, the 2 or the 2+ to a
museum any time soon.

It's a problem. Compounded by the fact that we need to get a new young
(like 20's age) generation interested in this stuff. Otherwise it will
be like pocket watches which fell out of fashion, were all trashed, and
only now are the few survivors considered "heirlooms".