LCM (was: Writings on AI from 17 years ago....)

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Mon May 24 10:38:54 CDT 2021

On May 23, 2021, at 6:34 PM, Chris Zach via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> The funny part is someone replied "Donate it to a museum" and I wrote:
>
> "*nod* Unfortunately, after the Boston Computer Museum debacle, I'm a bit wary of museums. Other problem is it would just get stuck in a back room and eventually tossed like it almost did at Digex."
>
> Sometimes I wonder if I did fail. Anyone know if the LCM will be open this summer? I'm going to be in Seattle for a day in August, wouldn't mind stopping by and seeing how it was doing....
>
> CZ

Having donated a sizable amount of material to LCM, I’m wondering the same thing.  I’ve never been able to find the time to get up there.  I’d hoped to make it up there last summer, but like my other plans, that didn’t happen.  I delayed my Sabbatical by a year, so on it now, and now I’m simply working on projects around home, including repairs/upgrades to my DEC gear.

That’s one thing about Covid-19, it’s given me time to work on my old systems.

Zane