Intel iPSC/860 restoration

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon May 10 13:53:41 CDT 2021

On 5/9/21 10:46 AM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
> re. using plastibands for QIC recovery
>
> Chuck sent me a note about these, thought you'd be interested.
> I just got a package in to try.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08536J6Y5?language=en_US

I've been using them for a couple of weeks now.   Easy to apply
(compared to plastiands) runs perfectly in DC300-600 sized cartridges.

Just done a bunch of SLR3 Magnus carts--no problems, even in an SLR5
drive (higher speed).

The 145mm size is about perfect for the job and the 5mm width is also
just right.

It helps to stretch them a bit before applying, but then I do that with
Plastibands.

--Chuck