name/model of HP portable printer? (not HP 2225x) circa 1993

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Thu Mar 18 16:31:26 CDT 2021

On Sat, 13 Mar 2021, Stan Sieler via cctalk wrote:
> Hi,
> I think I've finally decided: yes.  :)
> It looks like Fred C. might have one, so I will wait to hear from him.
> thanks!
> Stan

BAD NEWS.

Like the YEAR 2020, mostly failure.
The box of printers was not where I thought that it might be.
I'll look in a few more spots next week, but maybe you should grab Mike
Stein's one.

However, I DID find humidors and cartridges!   ("expired")
If you give me your address, I can send them to you (maybe next week).

The humidors are not gasketed air tight, but they do close well (could add
an o-ring to make them airtight?) and latch, and have latches for holding
the cartridges and a rubber pad against the printing end of the cartridges.
The humidors can take two different kinds of cartridges (sideways or
lengthwise), so they can be used for your Deskjet Portable cartridges
and/or for the 500?/600? series cartridges:

Used humidor with 51633M empty cartridge
Used humidor with 51649A cartridge, labelled "8/97"
Used humidor with 51649A cartridge, labelled "8/97"
Used humidor with 51649A cartridge, labelled "no yellow"
Used humidor with 51649A cartridge, labelled "NG 8/97"
Unused? "Deskwriter C"? two cartridge storage container  (NO attempt at
being airtight, has a tinted clear lid for holding two sizes of cartridge
on the desk)

Unopened 51633A cartridge (Black,"Deskjet Portable, Deskjet 300J") June 1995
Unopened 51633A cartridge ("Deskjet Portable, Deskjet 300J") June 1995
Unopened 51633A cartridge ("Deskjet Portable, Deskjet 300J") June 1995
Unopened 51633A cartridge ("Deskjet Portable, Deskjet 300J") June 1995
Used empty? 51633A cartridge ("Deskjet Portable, Deskjet 300J") June 1995

Unopened 51649A cartridge (Color,Deskjet 600 series) Oct 1997

Unopened 51641A cartridge ("Deskjet 820,850,855,870,1000, Color copier
110,120, Officejet 1150C") Feb 2002

I don't know what, if any, difference there is between the 51633A, 51633M
cartridge and the other cartridges that fit the Deskjet portable.

I don't know the differences between the Deskjet Portable 300 VS Deskjet
Portable 300C (color).  Probably a few more lines brought to the printhead
for color control.  There weren't any Deskjet Portable COLOR cartridges in
this box, and I don't remember whether any of my Deskjet Portables were
color models.

If you give me your address, I can send them to you (maybe next week).
Let me know if you also want the non-Deskjet Portable cartridges, and/or,
. . .
DOES ANYBODY ELSE WANT THEM??

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com