80286 Protected Mode Test

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sun Mar 14 11:33:43 CDT 2021

I should update people on this as I have made progress today. I found two
broken tracks from the 8742 peripheral controller to the ASICs. One of the
ASICs sends a RESET to the 286. When I repaired that track suddenly the
protected mode test started to pass. Now I have other errors which are
almost certainly other bad tracks, although these errors are more
intermittent so it could be a track that is partially damaged.

Regards

Rob

I can then