Classic browsing and duckduckgo

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Mar 13 14:49:39 CST 2021

On 3/13/21 11:56 AM, ben via cctalk wrote:
> On 3/13/2021 12:02 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
>
>> But then, I've given you enough information to get started.
>>
>> --Chuck
>>

> Sadly No. Some good reading but, I guess another classic computer design
> is lost forever,
> as well as the VAN with the IBM 1130 in it.
> Ben.

Oh, c'mon--with another 5 minutes of browsing, I discovered that the
ECP-18 was developed by Allen Fulmer, mathematics instructor at OCE
(Oregon College of Education) under an NSF grant that dates back to
1960.  He published a paper on it.

Here's an article about the 1960 NSF award:

https://digitalcommons.wou.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1023&context=oregoncollege_lamron_volume37

OCE is now part of Western Oregon University in Monmoth.  Doubtless they
have some stuff by Fulmer buried in their stacks.

Back before the Intertubes, we used to do research the hard
way--sometimes it took months or years to dig information up.  Not
everything is online.

The question arises:  "Is this something that seriously interests you
and you're willing dedicate some real effort to?   Or is this just a
slow Saturday question?"

I'm sure that Fred could tell you about doing serious research.

--Chuck