DF32?

Kyle Owen kylevowen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 19:39:43 CST 2021

On Tue, Mar 9, 2021 at 6:38 PM Paul Koning via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> Sure, a generalization of Dave Gesswein's MFM emulator.  I was just
> looking the other day how practical it would be for such a device to do an
> RK05 emulation.  The answer seems to be: quite practical.

Dave made a DF32/DS32 emulator:
https://www.pdp8online.com/dfds32/emulator/index.shtml

Constructing an RK05 emulator would be very handy, for sure. I have toyed
with the idea for those that want to spin rust on a PDP-8 (but only have
12-sector packs) to have a timing converter within the RK05 that uses a PLL
to generate 16 sector pulses from 12, and can auto-detect when a real
16-sector pack is spinning (to pass the sector pulses through directly).
Has this been done?

 Kyle