VT100 colors

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Mon Jun 21 09:39:20 CDT 2021

> On Jun 21, 2021, at 9:48 AM, Antonio Carlini via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> I can't get t mine either but I think they were originally light cream, but not bright white.

That sounds right.

> I remember the tube colour being green, I think I remember seeing amber and I believe that white was an available option.

You're thinking of the VT200, which came in three colors, although at DEC fortunately they never inflicted green on us :-).  But all the earlier DEC video terminals (VT05, VT50/52/61t/62, VT20, VT71) were white.  The only exception I can think of is the GT40, probably because that one benefits from having fairly long persistence which was available in green phosphor but not in white.

	paul