Who has a working Terak?

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 19 17:53:02 CDT 2021

On 6/19/21 10:06 AM, Bill Degnan via cctalk wrote:
> I have a sage II on the table that boots pascal os and the orig menu if
> that helps
> Bill
>
> On Sat, Jun 19, 2021, 8:41 AM John Foust via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
> wrote:
>

>> One of the original UCSD Pascal team contacted me, asking if
>> any of my Teraks are still working.  Sadly, they don't.
>>
>> I seem to remember hearing on the list that someone had re-capped and
>> re-socketed their Terak, and that it's working.
>>
>> He wants to get video of an original, working Terak to demonstrate
>> the UCSD Pascal menu system.  He wants to show how the UCSD Pascal
>> menu system could've influenced Apple's menus on the Lisa.
>>
>> Yes, I pointed out that you can run it under emulation.
>>
>> - John

I was confused by the original message.  I have run UCSD-Pascal
on a number of systems and all of them had the same menuing
system.  I imagine running Teraks are becoming a rarity.  While
I could probably fake it by putting Terak boards in a real PDP-11
backplane none of my Teraks are still intact.  No real Terak
monitors but they will display on a composite monitor.

On top of that, Ersaztz-11 does Terak emulation so you could
always use that if the only desire is to photograph the menus.

bill