IBM Logic IC equivalency information needed

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 22:45:39 CDT 2021

On Sat, Jun 12, 2021 at 12:39 AM Jon Elson via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On 6/11/21 3:22 PM, Santo Nucifora via cctalk wrote:
>
> The 74151 is an 8:1 multiplexer with complementary outputs.
>
> The 74157 is a quad 2:1 mux.
>
> I can't imagine any defect that would cause one to test out
> as the other.

In both cases it would require an input pin to become an output,
something that I can't see how it would happen.

I wonder if in the original list, a '1' was misread as a '7' or vice
versa. I am told that in some countries the '7' is conventionally
written with a crossbar across the downstroke to avoid this. My father
always did this, for all it is not common in England.

-tony