IBM Logic IC equivalency information needed

Santo Nucifora santo.nucifora at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 15:22:05 CDT 2021

I am currently working on an IBM 5100 that has some issues. I know for
certain that the 5100 has a bad graphics controller card so I need to dig
into component level replacements for those ICs I can replace. I have a
list of logic chip equivalents to the IBM part numbers that are written on
the chips but I don't think it's 100% accurate because IBM part number
1582601 comes back as 74151 "DATA SEL/MUX" but when I use one of those
cheap logic chip testers (that is surprisingly accurate), it comes back as
a 74157. For the record, if I test a 74151, it comes back as a 74151 so the
tester is correct. I just want to make sure the table I have is accurate
and that the tester is not 100% accurate or if that chip has failed and
tests like a 74157 in it's state.

This is the current list I am using that I got from somewhere but I don't
recall where:
https://vintagecomputer.ca/ibm-vintage-logic-chip-equivalency-list/
Does anyone have an IBM logic chip equivalency table for 74 series logic
chips?

Any help is much appreciated.
Santo