Install Floppies (Was: Compaq Deskpro boards/hard drives from

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Fri Jul 23 15:11:41 CDT 2021

Some further questions BELOW to complete the distribution media database:

On Fri, 23 Jul 2021, Liam Proven via cctalk wrote:
> Win95: 13 disks.
> Win98: 38 disks.

> Netware 3.1: can't remember... lots:
> http://www.os2museum.com/wp/diskette-puzzle/
> Ha! Trying to google, I found a piece I wrote myself!
> https://www.theregister.com/Print/2013/07/16/netware_4_anniversary/
> I think it was circa 20-25 disks. I remember I had to copy them before
> installation, in case. And at that time, the DOS 3.3 DISKCOPY command
> didn't swap to disk or XMS/EMS, and with 640 kB of RAM, copying a 1.4
> MB floppy could take 3-4 reads and as many writes.
>
> It took me over an entire working day to duplicate all the disks, IIRC.

1) Which ones were available on 5.25"?  (and how many disks?)
 	A) "360K"?
 	B) "1.2M"?
 	C) "1.4M"?
 	D) Microsoft non-standard crammed 3.5" HD? (1.7M?)

First CD-ROM install media that I got was Windows 3.00, but it was an
inclusion on a "tools" collection CD-ROM  (not quite a shovel-ware).
Then a Multi-Language 3.00 CD-ROM from Microsoft (for international
market)
The Chinese lady that I shared an office with was thrilled, because she
was trying to teach herself Spanish, and that, along with the McCracken
FORTRAN in Spanish were here preferred method.

3.10 Windows CD-ROM from Microsoft

When did MS-DOS come on CD-ROM?  Or did it?

Microsoft C compiler Version 5.00 on CD-ROM