FTGH for pickup in So Cal: PDP-11/44, Macs, Atari ST, RiscPC, ...

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Tue Jul 6 16:06:38 CDT 2021

> On Jul 6, 2021, at 4:57 PM, Zane Healy via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> On Jul 5, 2021, at 7:30 PM, Cameron Kaiser via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>
>> UMAX Astra 2100U flatbed USB scanner with power supply. Powers on. Works
>> with classic Mac OS but probably most systems. No driver disc.
>

> This should be usable on modern systems using “VueScan”.

Yes, the VueScan manual confirms that.

>  For those of us that have old scanners, “VueScan” is the greatest piece of software ever.

I'll second that.  Very impressive, incredible breadth of support and a really good value for the money.

It includes (and does well) wild stuff like scanning negatives or transparencies, something that other scanner software often claims to do but doesn't necessarily deliver.

	paul