Looking for old Compaq software - COMPAQ System Manager Facility

Ali cctalk at ibm51xx.net
Tue Jan 19 15:49:42 CST 2021

> Would it have been included on (older) Smart Start CD-ROMs?
>
> I know that there are copies of Smart Start CD-ROM's around the
> Internet.  I have a few versions, but I think they would have all been
> early iLO generation.

Hi Grant,

I am not sure. From what little information I could find the card came with all the required software on disk. The card was in use with the Systempro and early on with the Prolinea EISA systems. I was thinking the same thing but none of the Smart Start CDs I have found have the program on it. This is the earliest/first of the Compaq LOM/iLO cards (circa 1991/1992) so if it is on a Smart Start CDS it maybe in the 2.x or 3.x family. If you have any Smart Start CDs in that time period I would be interested. The program ran under Win 3.x. I am not sure if any of the later programs for the cards would support it. I know for example even though Smart Start 5.x support the Compaq Systempro the support is nominal at best. Thanks.

-Ali