Compuserve

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Mon Jan 11 08:05:11 CST 2021

On Sun, 10 Jan 2021, Grant Taylor via cctalk wrote:

> On 1/10/21 7:16 PM, James B DiGriz wrote:
>> Synchronet is still very much "a thing".
>
> Yes, and no.
>
> Yes, there is /a/ product named Synchronet, probably from the same vendor or
> subsidiary.  However, I don't think that it is the /same/ product.

It's the same package, by the same author.  Rob Swindell(author) released
Synchronet as open source a number of years ago.  I currently run v3.18c,
which is the current release version. You can run it in Windows, Linux, or
*BSD.  MS-DOS and OS/2 versions are also available under the "legacy"
branch.  Downloads: http://www.synchro.net/download.html

If v3 won't import the DOS message bases automagically, I'm quite sure
that if you email Rob, he can help make this happen.

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007