Dec RQDX: What kind of chips on it?

Chris Zach cz at alembic.crystel.com
Mon Jan 4 18:44:04 CST 2021

> The Pro also has 16 sectors, that's a limitation of the sector address register.  I know the Pro format is different than the RQDXn format; the latter is larger presumably because of more sectors per track.  So that would fit.

That's good to know then, I won't try putting it in my Pro/380. I guess
I *did* have an RQDX2 running in one of my pdp11's 30 years ago. Yeah,
maybe: I had the BA11-SA's running at the time and I guess I just found
a BA23 disk bulkhead and had a pile of spaghetti on the floor.

I'll think about buying one on Ebay unless someone here wants to trade
an RQDX3 for one. Getting a working image of this disk copied off using
pdp11_gui would be neat. Hm, would it then boot on a SIMH RQDX3
controller since the image is not a bit image but an MCSP image?

On a related note, anyone have a set of P/OS 3.2 floppies I can borrow?
I'd like to get a version of P/OS running that can support split I/D.

Chris