VAX 11/750

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 21:57:05 CST 2021

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 9:53 PM Chris Zach via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> Wow, I've always wanted an 11/750. Not sure why, the small box size is
> impressive and all that.

I started on an 11/750 in 1984.  They are fantastic little machines.
If you only have 3-4 users on them, they are quite peppy.

> However it doesn't look like that one has a MASSBUS adapter so I will have to pass...

The module map indicates an SI 9400 interface (CMI card to an SI 9xxx
SMD disk box) and an L0007, which is an RH750 MASSBUS adapter.  Those
slots appear to be populated with _something_ in the photo.  There
_might_ be a MASSBUS connector at the lower-right of the I/O bulkhead.

The CPU area seems to show an FP750 Floating Point accelerator
installed in slot 1.

It also appears there are a couple of cards in the memory area in
slots 6 and 8.  What I don't know, since I didn't have one, is how you
load up a machine with an L0022 14MB memory controller, but it's
_possible_ we are looking at 4x 1MB + 2x 4MB (full boat).

It also appears that the two DZ11s may still be installed, but the
TC-131 might be missing.

> And I just gave away a M7850 memory board :-)

Indeed you did, well an M8750 anyway.  ;-)

Cheers,

-ethan