Winchester SA1004 file recovering

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Wed Feb 3 05:17:31 CST 2021

On 2/3/2021 1:43 AM, Enrico email.it via cctalk wrote:
> Any suggestion?
I believe Dave G's MFM emulator has an option to support the SA1000.

I have one in stock for a future project to try to extract data from
SA-1000's in DSD floppy / 8" drive subsystems.

https://www.pdp8.net/mfm/mfm.shtml

info is there about the SA-1000.

If you are having problems because the drives are dead, this won't
help.  It will inhale the contents and with
luck you can extract data.

I know with the ST-506 configuration of his hardware, you can then use
the emulator to replace the SA-1000.

If you need to recover the data, you may be out of luck, but if you need
a "working" SA-1000 and can format
it from utilities, then this may help.

thanks
Jim