Chuck Shimada passed away

Stan Sieler sieler at allegro.com
Mon Dec 27 13:55:31 CST 2021

Long-time HP3000 programmer/user/evangelist, and friend, Chuck Shimada
passed away yesterday, 12/26.

Many list members will have seen Chuck at Interex and SCRUG conventions,
running the tech side, or as part of the convention staff.   He was a major
force in the creation of the early "swap tapes" for contributed software.
The science fiction fans on the list may have also seen him running tech at
many science fiction conventions.

>From a facebook post by Michael Donohue:

I am very saddened to report that Chuck Shimada passed away this morning,
Dec 26, 2021. He had been doing okay but was not feeling great Dec 24/25.
I spoke to him Dec 24 and we had a nice conversation.
He had some episode in his sleep, the nurse found him this morning alive
but unresponsive with weak pulse and he passed away a few hours later.  So
he likely did pass without conscious discomfort.

//