PDP-11/44 gas struts

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Fri Dec 24 13:58:43 CST 2021

I have the same system cabinet, but have not looked at it in detail.  I
think from some of the replies, they are thinking about the H960 tall
cabinets and systems that are pulled out, then rotate on the slides.

This I think is  like the hood of a car, then the system tilts up, as
the cabinet isn't that tall that you can't work on it on top.

As to sources, either automotive sources and match the fit, or a
supplier like McMaster Carr.  I don't think any NOS on these would be
any better than the ones  you have that rotted out.

I only just got the 11/44 and didn't poke at it yet, just moved it from
the original owner's storage to mine.

I hope it to be one of my first 'big' projects after some PDP8s are tackled.

thanks
JIm