Wanted: IBM PC compatible 8 or 16 bit Arcnet cards

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Mon Dec 13 14:09:44 CST 2021

On 12/12/21 10:28 PM, Ethan Dicks via cctalk wrote:
> I haven't used ARCnet since we used to use it for 4-player Doom
> (especially since not everyone in the gaming group had Ethernet at
> home yet and it was easy to make a passive 4-port ARCnet hub.

I find this statement interesting for a couple of different reasons:

1)  Paying Doom over ARCnet.  --  I don't think I realized that ARCnet
was standardized enough that normal networking applications would work
over it.  --  Naivety on my part.

2)  "it was easy to make a passive 4-port ARCnet hub" ... I don't know
how to respond to that with anything but curiosity and /many/ open ended
questions.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die