RK11-C indicator panel inlays?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Wed Dec 8 16:38:03 CST 2021

    > From: Rod Smallwood

    > Let me see what artwork I have

I'm curious as to what you'd be able to find. Like I said, I'm pretty sure
DEC never did an RK11-C inlay; the engineering drawings for the 19" indicator
panel (included in the RF11 engineering drawings:

  http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/unibus/RF11_EngrDrws_Oct70.pdf

on pp. 187-188) list many inlays, but not an RK11 one. Also, I've looked
through the RK11-C manual:

  http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/unibus/RK11-C_manual1971.pdf

but it contains no mention of an indicator panel, which it surely would if
there was one.

    > From: Henk Gooijen

    > I have *two* DX11 front panels with the 144 lamps & 4 'paddle'
    > connections boards. ... Given you have 144 lamps panel with the RK11-C
    > front, what would you do to light up the lamps?

Uhhh... plug the paddle boards on the end of the flat cables from the
indicator panel into the pre-wired slots in the RK11-C backplane (see the
RK11-C engineering drawings:

  http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/unibus/RK11-C_schemFeb1971.pdf

pg. 36)? :-)

Hence my comment that to make use of the _inlay_ I proposed to produce, one
had to have an RK11-C _and_ a spare DEC indicator panel...

	Noel