RK11-C indicator panel inlays?

Mike Katz bitwiz at 12bitsbest.com
Mon Dec 6 16:55:41 CST 2021

Ethan,

I completely agree with reducing the strip size.

One of my projects is a redesign of Oscar Vermilion's PiDP-8/I using
addressable LEDs.  I was thinking of breaking the 88 LEDs into separate
strands based on function (step counter & Multiplier Quotient [17 LEDs],
accumulator and link [13 LEDs], Memory Buffer [12 LEDs], Memory Address
[12 LEDs], Data & Instruction Fields and Program Counter [18 bits],
Instruction & States [17 :LEDs]).  That would require 6 GPIOs.

I don't know if the PIO can handle 6 separate GPIOs like that but it's
worth a try.

            Mike