RK11-C indicator panel inlays?

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 14:24:19 CST 2021

On Sun, Dec 5, 2021 at 2:12 PM Noel Chiappa via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> There is discussion of doing a run of indicator panel inlays:
> for the RK11-C (which is wired for an indicator panel, although as far as
> I know, DEC never did the inlay).
>
> If you're interested... you will need a standard DEC indicator panel light
> panel (with flat cables with plug-in-cards on the ends). (I don't have any
> insight on how to get one of those. It shouldn't be _too_ hard to make
> replicas, but I'll leave that topic for the moment.)

I have both an RK11-C, _and_ a DX11 light panel sitting around (got it
loose some years back)

> Starting with that, Dave Bridgham managed to whip up a rough approcimation of
> what the inlay would look like:
>
>   http://pdp10.froghouse.org/qsic/inlay-rk11-c.pdf

Looks cool.

> Anyway, if anyone is interested, the next step would be to find out who all
> wants an RK11-C inlay, and work out _exactly_ what would be printed on it.

Put me down for one.  I've had this RK11-C for a long time and haven't
done anything with it.  I have always planned to put it back on the
11/20 it came with, but first I need to get the 11/20 going so that's
pushed down the RK11-C.  This would be really cool as a debugging tool
more than just as amazing lights.

-ethan

P.S. - not to derail things, but definitely loop me in on the (future)
thread for making reproductions.  I have access to some tools that
might make parts of it easier.