Scanning Suggestions (Bookmarks & Colour)

emanuel stiebler emu at e-bbes.com
Sat Aug 28 06:44:49 CDT 2021

On 2021-08-27 16:50, Antonio Carlini via cctalk wrote:

> For photographs or shaded areas that don't necessarily come out well
> under those settings, I plan to use 8-bit greyscale. I'd prefer to use
> 600dpi but I may have to fall back to 300dpi if the per-page fiile size
> shoots up too much.

I always fail to understand this ...
With prices for hard drives like they are, and comparing to the amount
of work, it really is to scan a manual, I would recommend to scan with
the best resolution you have, and have those files as you "original scans"
Than, you apply whatever tricks you have in your bin, to "publish" those
scans.

Probably, one day there will be a nice tool, to do whatever you
expected, and you have the scan already on your drive, and the original
manual is digitized and preserved already.

Just my .001 cents ;-)

And I was talking about pictures/hafltone etc.

The recommendations for b/w & text/line drawings are clear ...