Scanning Suggestions (Bookmarks & Colour)

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Fri Aug 27 19:25:25 CDT 2021

> On Aug 27, 2021, at 5:19 PM, Al Kossow via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>

> Probably the way to deal with DEC tri-color would be to define rectangular regions and have
> three separate bitonal layers colored black red and blue, and a third JPEG-2 for grayscale
> or color images. Doing the layer separations would be the non-fun part.

I haven't looked at tools in, say, GIMP to create spot-color layers from RGB images.  If it can do that, a good way to do what you describe is to give it a spot color definition that matches what the color print looks like.  Then the black layer and the red (or whatever) layer are the two you want, and you could run each through a threshold operation to make them bitonal.  Then the image converted back to RGB would compress really well with TIFF.

	paul