Anyone remember Kel-Am connectors?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Thu Aug 26 14:40:07 CDT 2021

On Thu, 26 Aug 2021, Jon Elson via cctalk wrote:
> We still use a lot of KEL connectors, originally sold in the US under the
> Robinson-Nugent brand, then acquired by 3M.  Here's the right-angle
> board-mount connector :
>
> https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/3m/P50E-068P1-SR1-EA/1802260
>
> Here's the IDC crimp cable end.
>
> https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/3m/P25E-068S-EA/1802218
>
> I assume this is the same company.

It may be a lead on where Kel-Am went to, . . .
But what Eric was asking about was a MALE card edge connector, and those
are FEMALE.

In his time at Apparat, floppy drives (5.25") had a 34 pin card edge
connector.  If the drive was in a case, it meant opening the case every
time for connecting.  So, Kel-Am made a MALE IDC 34 pin card edge
connector that could go on a short ribbon cable to a FEMALE IDC 34 pin
card edge connector to act as a short extension, to bring the connection
out of the case.

IDC MALE card edge is a R at RE connector type.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com