Ultrix-11

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Wed Aug 25 15:53:58 CDT 2021

> On Aug 25, 2021, at 4:47 PM, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> Same thing at the moment.  I really don't remember much from the past
> as I haven't used Ultrix-11 in several years.  I suspect it has
> something to do with number of bits and parity.

Could be.  Since parity always was rather silly it isn't normally used; I'm surprised DEC didn't delete it from Ultrix the way they did for all the other operating systems.

If you have a real terminal you can configure it for 7 bits and the matching parity, but terminal emulators may not have that ability.  In any case, for that the simh command for 7 bit terminal output is a simple fix.

	paul