Multiprocessor Qbus PDP-11

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Fri Aug 20 15:07:41 CDT 2021

There were a couple of other PDP-11 multiprocessors that I know of (and
used):

  * C.MMP (eventually 16 PDP-11/40e's in an SMP configuration with a
    crosspoint switch accessing a large memory).  It ran a capability
    based OS called Hydra.
  * CM*  this was a cluster of LSI-11s (as I recall) that were
    hierachially interconnected to allow for distributed operation (I
    think it was potentially capable of running with 255 nodes). I don't
    recall what OS CM* used.

Of course both of the above did not use off the shelf OS's or software.

TTFN - Guy

--
TTFN - Guy