WTB: Amiga 3000 front/floppy

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757.org
Mon Aug 16 12:11:18 CDT 2021

> Those funky 150RPM Amiga HD drives are made from unicorns. I have one. I may
> have even seen another at some point in the last 30 years, but couldn't say
> for sure.
> If you don't need HD support, I suggest just taking the front off that PC
> drive and 3D-printing a plausible-looking fascia for it.

I mostly don't care about disks at all other than archiving them, the
issue is the prior owner after the machine was older... cut a giant hole
where the left floppy drive was... and mounted a normal PC drive inside.
So the front has a larger than the drive hole cut in it. I will get a
picture. It's because the A3000 used custom form fitted drives that match
the front plastic unlike the 2000 where it was just a normal drive in a
2.5" hole. I have a few external Amiga floppies, so maybe the A3000 drive
is just one of those inside with a different eject button?

First thing to solve is the plastic face, then I can worry about floppy.

The right drive has a plastic thing over it still as I recall.

On my A2500HD I just run a SCSI2SD with a bracket I 3d printed that holds
the board against an expansion slot... so I can remove the SD card now
without taking off the cover. I can boot the SD card in WinUAE, copy stuff
over, eject it.

 		- Ethan

--
: Ethan O'Toole