ISO Laserjet I/II/III firmware

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Thu Aug 12 01:29:38 CDT 2021

On 8/11/2021 11:23 PM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
> On 8/11/21 11:12 PM, jim stephens via cctalk wrote:
>>

>> On 8/11/2021 10:57 PM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
>>>
>>> "nobody collects printers"
>> Tossed a couple 2 years ago which were unloved.  I don't think I have
>> any in my KC warehouse, but will have my friend there check.
>>
>> I mainly don't save the Laserjet <anything> because no parts and they
>> don't run forever.
>
> I've never been that interested either, but someone had a curiosity to
> plug the firmware into MAME and make it work.
>
> It seems like the early printers are prime targets for people looking
> for motors so I'm sure the electronics have
> been tossed in the trash.

I'll look.  My main point was that the lifetime and usefulness was
further limited most likely to those who can life extend those parts,
which weren't that numerous among us.

I might know where an Apple printer is, but not sure i we took it. The
one with the Laserjet 2 Canon engine.  Not what you're after, but
possibly interesting.

There seems to be a lot of cartridges turning up though.  Those would
probably be interesting as well if you had the emulated engine.

thanks
JIm