Early '80s Motorola Semiconductor Reference - anyone?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Aug 7 23:17:42 CDT 2021

On 8/7/21 8:20 PM, r.stricklin wrote:

> Ugh… I hadn’t even thought of that. You’re confident of it?

Until someone comes up with a better theory, yes.  Consider this supply:

http://bitsavers.org/pdf/boschert/Boschert_OL25_Single-Stage_Power_Supply_Maintenance_Manual_May79.pdf

Go to the BOM on page 32.  Note hat a 10-1038 is a 1N4004, a 10-1013 is
a 1N4148, a 13-1055 is a MPS2222, and so on.   Your numbers seem to
follow this line, just without the prefix, which I assume indicates the
general type of component; e.g. 10 - silicon rectifier diode; 13 an NPN
transistor, 12 a PNP and so on.

Or the BOM on page 10 here:

http://bitsavers.org/pdf/boschert/XL25.pdf

Follows the same convention, with some of the same part numbers.  It's
curious that Q1, the inverter power transistor, doesn't appear on the
BOM, though the schematic says MJE13006.  Could be that there's no
substitute.

--Chuck