Help reading a 9 track tape

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Thu Aug 5 07:39:05 CDT 2021

I know Paul well (we were contemporaries at U. WI).  He does not do that
very often.  He did not indicate any issue with a fire at the building
that contains his collection when I last spoke with him.

He does not actually read "blocks".  He reads the tape in an *analog*
fashion, and then processes the results with software.  That is how he
recovered the IBM 1410 system tapes and diagnostics, for example.

To be honest, I doubt that this content would be such that he would be
likely to volunteer.

JRJ