DEC PDP-11/45 backplane +5 ECO

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sat Apr 24 22:28:20 CDT 2021

    > From: Fritz Mueller

    > could I ask that you take some closeups around the Mate-n-Locks along
    > the top? I'd be very interested to see the board traces and the details
    > of the red bus wiring there.

I had a look at my /45 (a later KB11-D - although I think the backplanes for
the -A and -D are identical), and it seems to have heavy red wires attached
to the upper row of Mate-n-Lok's that look just like those on Josh's. I'd
really want to take pictures of mine (I don't want to take the backplane out
- too much work - but I can get decent images with it in, I think) so I
can compare them directly, though, not depend on visual memory.

	Noel

PS: I wonder how many people here have -11/45's? ISTR one other, but they aren't
common.