Interesting Exidy peripheral

David Williams nospam212-cctalk at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 24 18:01:41 CDT 2021

Earlier I'd found a box with a speaker, what looked like a volume
control and maybe a headphone jack with a ribbon cable going to a DB-25
connector. Thought it might be for playing sounds from the system.
Appears to be partly right. While digging through various Exidy doc on
Bitsavers I came across a manual for a Cognivox Speech Recongnition and
Voice Response Peripheral by a company called Voicetek. The images in
the manual match the box itself. What I thought was a headphone jack is
for a mic and it appears to plug into the parallel port in the expansion
unit.

I haven't found any of the software that the manual says ships with it
though I'm still finding parts of this system packed away in various
boxes so might find it yet. I know it is probably a huge long shot but
if anyone else has software or anything else about this peripheral,
please drop me a line.

David Williams
www.trailingedge.com