PDP 11/23 for sale on Ebay

Joshua Rice rice43 at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 22 03:31:18 CDT 2021

------ Original Message ------
From: "Jeffrey S. Worley via cctalk" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
To: cctalk at classiccmp.org
Sent: Wednesday, 21 Apr, 2021 At 16:18
Subject: PDP 11/23 for sale on Ebay
There's a nice, working PDP 11/23 with 20 meg hdd and 1meg (!!) of ram,

1MB RAM isn't exactly huge for a MicroPDP-11, though it's quite ample
for a KDF11 machine. The most interesting thing about it is that it's 2
512k M8067 boards, which from my experience are rather uncommon, and can
fetch a pretty penny, as they're a bit faster than the M7551's.
I'm not sure why people are balking at the price though, $900 seems
about right for a MicroPDP11, given how versatile and integrated those
machines are. It's hard to get much more PDP11 in a smaller form factor,
and having drives in the chassis itself really helps keep the space
usage down. Much more practical than an 11/03 and pair of RL02's.
Looks like a really nice machine, worth picking up for those needing
more PDP11's in their life.
Cheers,
Josh Rice