Anyone know ancient versions of XLC?

David Schmidt david4602 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 12:45:52 CDT 2021

On 4/9/21 3:23 PM, Nemo Nusquam wrote:
> On 2021-04-08 00:32, Ben Huntsman via cctalk wrote:
>> I know this is a strange place to ask, but it's as good a place as any.
>> Anyone on here used IBM's XLC in very old versions?
>>
>> Anyone know what the argument -qdebug=austlib does?
>
> I have the docs for IBM C Set++ 3.1 for AIX (1993) and it is not there.?
> As you probably know, the Austin lab was known for HPC s/w so they may
> have shipped special debug versions.

[..]

I used xlc in the early 90's at IBM in the Raleigh networking lab, along
with the excellent xcdb debugger - Austin's debug libs weren't a part of
our repertoire.  There was plenty going on that was deeper and closer to
the iron in Austin, so it could be just about anything.

AIX 3.2.5 was so much leaner and meaner than 4.x that came along next...
I never did warm up to it the same way.

- David