Apollo Date Bug

Kurt Nowak knowak at alumni.calpoly.edu
Thu Apr 8 23:54:57 CDT 2021

Well actually I didn't rescue them - they belonged to my father so i guess
you can say I inherited them. He was a physicist and did quite a bit of
Fortran development on them years ago. I worked with Suns at the time and
so our worlds kind of merged and I ended up helping him with some problems
he had and ended up learning some things about Apollos in the process. Plus
he had a pretty decent documentation collection too which was very helpful.
Eventually when he saw the end days for Apollo he scooped up all of the
machines he could find and hoarded them away. He even managed to get ahold
of the Apollos at the Scripps Institute of Oceanography lab when they
scrapped them. I think i have about 15 of them in various states and I have
a decent collection of spare parts.  I did get rid of the monitors though
since they were too much to deal with and they output fine on
my flat-screen monitors with the right cabling. But yeah there sure doesn't
seem to be very many people out there that have them anymore for whatever
reason...Not the most attractive boxes and they are heavy as hell too!