Intel Developers' Insight CD-ROM collection archived anywhere?

Maciej W. Rozycki macro at linux-mips.org
Wed Sep 30 20:55:53 CDT 2020

On Wed, 30 Sep 2020, Glen Slick via cctalk wrote:

> Does anyone have a collection of Intel Developers' Insight CD-ROMs in
> physical form or as images? The only physical CD-ROMs I have are a two
> disk set from February 1998. I don't know what time period these were
> available. Maybe mid or late 1990s to early 2000s? They have a variety
> of information on them such as datasheets and manuals that might not
> always be easy to find online anywhere anymore.

 I have physical discs, although apparently not here.  They were issued
quarterly and I had a subscription, so I should have them all.  The span I
have recorded is Oct 1996 through to May 1999.  Some 15 years ago I made
copies of all the PDF documents, so I can reach for any right away.  For
any other stuff I'd have to check the actual discs at my other site.

> As one example of something that I was recently unable to find online
> anywhere is a copy of either of these, which might have been available
> on some of the Intel Developers' Insight CD-ROMs:
> 297372 16-Mbit Flash Product Family User’s Manual
> 297508 FLASHBuilder Design Resource Tool
> Those are mentioned in various Intel flash memory datasheets and
> databooks from around the 1995 timeframe.

 Sadly neither seems to be among the files I have copied.  I could yet
check Intel Dec 1995 Data on Demand discs I happen to have, and do have
here, but they are cumbersome to handle as they use a proprietary format
requiring a DOS app to access, and yet more hassle to get anything
exported (assuming I can recall how I did that many years ago), so it'll
take a little.

  Maciej