Disabling SCSI parity checking to dump disk on ACB4000 MFM-SCSI adapter?

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 13:35:06 CDT 2020

On 9/25/20 12:31 PM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
> On 9/25/20 10:08 AM, Plamen Mihaylov wrote:
>> I was able to dump Torch Triple X System V, Release 1 Version 1.2
>> If anyone is interested I can share the image.
>
> I have a Torch Quad X CPU prototype CPU, missing the ASIC

Interesting. I had a couple of Quad-X systems; one went off to the Centre
for Computing History when I moved to the US, but the other I parked at
TNMoC and can hopefully get back at some stage (post-pandemic). I don't
know how many QX systems were made, but I don't think it was many - and
they're probably significantly rare in the US.

I do have some Quad-X source/design bits and pieces, I believe - I
inherited a pile of Torch corporate hardware ~15 years ago, and among that
were a couple of drives which had come from one of the company servers.

cheers

Jules