Disabling SCSI parity checking to dump disk on ACB4000, MFM-SCSI adapter?

Chris Quayle syseng at gfsys.co.uk
Thu Sep 24 12:18:43 CDT 2020

On 09/24/20 18:00, cctech-request at classiccmp.org wrote:
> Disabling SCSI parity checking to dump disk on ACB4000
> 	MFM-SCSI adapter?

I have a sun 3 system with acb4000 and suspect the protocol
was not fully sorted in that time frame. They can be fussy
about what they will talk to, ime.

Would lend a hand if you are in the uk, but otherwise, if
you have an early Sparc system, I would try that, as it
would probably still support the older controllers.
Sparcstation 1 or 2 + Sunos probably has the required
entries in the format utility, format.dat file.

An early pci or isa Adaptec  card might be worth trying
as well, under Suse 11.4 or similar, as that has a good
disk utility...

Chris