Osborne 1 keyboard repair?

Patrik Schindler poc at pocnet.net
Mon Sep 21 07:26:40 CDT 2020

Hello Al,

Am 21.09.2020 um 14:08 schrieb Al Kossow via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>:

> you might be able to change something if you can inject a solvent into the side of the switch by drilling through the top layer

And then, the solvent is meant to stay there?

I had bad experiences with "put magic fluid in between and the problem will be gone". :-) Depending on solvent, the solvent has no chance to evaporate away between the plastic layers. And if it could evaporate, the dirt has moved around but not away.

Also, letting solvent staying on these delicate conducting silver strips is most likely doing more damage over time. Also, depending on solvent.

:wq! PoC

PGP-Key: DDD3 4ABF 6413 38DE - https://www.pocnet.net/poc-key.asc