AW: CGA card (Mitsubishi Electric) with 192K RAM?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Tue Sep 8 18:28:39 CDT 2020

On Wed, 9 Sep 2020, Doug Jackson wrote:
> I recall some of the high end cards in the CGA / EGA era had adon boards
> that were connected with a 20 or 36 pin jumper cable across the top of the
> boards - They also ran more than 64K or ram, such as the ATI Wonder
> boards.  Maybe it's like that - the ATI boards had 256K so they could page.

I had a CGA "double board" that did 640x400 or 640x200 by more colors.
It was not the same as this one, but might have been internally similar.

But I don't remember ATI premium CGA.
ATI had some interesting EGA boards, including one that had an add-on
that included the mid-board connector for Compaq luggable internal video!
Otherwise, you were stuck with Compaq CGA or Compaq EGA.