MOP boot files

Antonio Carlini a.carlini at ntlworld.com
Sat Oct 31 19:45:44 CDT 2020

On 31/10/2020 16:58, David Brownlee via cctalk wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone had links to hand for any other good sources
> of MOP files?
>
> Thanks
>
> David

Wikipedia lists a bunch of terminal servers:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DECserver. Some of the firmware files were
on the distribution CDs, so it should be easy enough to find those, but
you'll need the hardware for that to be useful.

The DECnis booted via MOP. Various Alpha systems could boot their
firmware updates via MOP (and the firmware files were available on DEC's
FTP, so there should be no problem with someone giving you a copy). I
think some of the later uVAX 3100 series (and maybe VS 4000-9x series)
could MOP boot a firmware update.

Again, for all of these possibilities, if you don't have the hardware, I
don't imagine you can properly test things. I guess you can at least see
whether the software *thinks* it understands the image format.

Antonio

--
Antonio Carlini
antonio at acarlini.com