Next project: 11/24. Does it need memory?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Oct 19 17:10:23 CDT 2020

    > From: Chris Zach

    > still nothing coming out of the serial port. Figured I would document
    > the settings and see if anyone with an 11/24 can cross-check my settings.

Time to stop trying random things and drop the (metaphorical) Big Hammer.

Look at the bus, and see if it's trying to talk to the console (i.e. ODT is
running).

Alas, I looked at the -11/24 Tech Manual - latest rev here:

  http://ana-3.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/tech/pdp11/dload/EK-11024-TM-003.pdf

and it sez (pg. 4-25):

"Internal addresses; i.e. serial line unit registers .. There is no external
bus cycle performed for an internal address."

So you can't look on the UNIBUS. At least we have a set of prints for it:

  http://bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/pdp11/1124/MP01018_1124schem_Aug80.pdf

CPU prints start on pg. 145; the TM will tell you what signals to look for.

    Noel