VAX 6000 in Linwood NC on Facebook

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Sun Oct 18 01:56:36 CDT 2020

On 10/17/2020 11:17 PM, Dave Wade G4UGM via cctalk wrote:
> No affiliation, its been there a while so may be scrapped
>

> https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2854584287984635/
>

> you will need a facebook id to contact.
>

> Dave
Vax 6000-310
Linwood, NC
Dat drive visible on the front.  Some manuals, looks like possible CD
media and docs, marked Compaq, so not ancient stuff.

Main question I had, does this require a console machine to get
running?  like the Professional 380 which is badged as "Vax Console"?

I can't go get it, just what I noticed.  this was discussed on one of
the DEC FB groups, though I suspect everyone here who knows about that
has read the posts.
thanks
Jim