Crypto Ancienne: TLS for the Internet of Old Things

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Wed Nov 18 18:16:43 CST 2020

> > If you have an older pre-C99 system, I've backported a TLS 1.2 library to
> > gcc versions as early as 2.5 as long as it has 64-bit ints (long long,
> > usually) and stdarg.h.
> >
> > https://github.com/classilla/cryanc
>
> Great work, Cameron!

Thanks!

> Another option for these systems is mbedTLS, originally by ARM. It only
> requires C89,

I looked at mbedTLS (formerly PolarSSL) before I even embarked on it based
on other recommendations, but it claims to require c99:

	https://github.com/ARMmbed/mbedtls

Have you had success building it on other systems? What compilers could you
get away with? I'd rather not reinvent the wheel but it seemed like I had to.

> At some point MacSSH may use it. Or maybe the current maintainer will try
> cryanc. :)

Didn't lsh get some updates? Or was I thinking of something else? ISTR that
MacSSH used lsh under the hood.

-- Hidden DOS secret: add BUGS=OFF to your CONFIG.SYS. ------------------------