WTB: AUI cables

Maciej W. Rozycki macro at linux-mips.org
Tue Nov 17 14:22:14 CST 2020

On Tue, 17 Nov 2020, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:

> One is from Black Box, at an insane price, with actual AUI style (slide
> lock) connectors.
>
> There are several others that are much less expensive, with regular
> screw lock DA-15 connectors.  And of course cables with those connectors
> are readily available from the usual suspects (I like L-com).

 In maybe 2 minutes of clicking I found these reasonably priced and using
standard slidelock assemblies, sold brand new on both sides of the pond:

http://www.computercableinc.com/ccinc/products.jsp?sub=AUI+Transceiver&id=2041
http://www.pacificcable.com/Picture_Page.asp?DataName=TRAN-6
https://www.betterbox.co.uk/products/5m-thick-aui-transceiver-drop-cable-m-f-et0022.html

> FWIW, there exist adapters from slide latch to screw lock DA-15; I have
> one I bought from L-com so I could attach a 10BaseT transceiver with
> slide lock posts to my Pro-380, which has a screw lock DA-15 connector
> for its Ethernet port.

 Slidelock assemblies and individual parts of those are sold separately,
for all shell sizes actually, in retail quantities by the usual suspects
(Mouser, Farnell/Newark, RS, etc.), so with suitably designed connectors
(i.e. ones that accept 4/40 UNC jack posts rather than thumb screws only;
not all unfortunately) these could be used to replace original screwlock
bits.  I used these sources on a couple occasions to replace damaged or
missing parts.

  Maciej