TRS80s and TRSDOS (Was: Microsoft open sources GWBASIC

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Thu May 28 19:43:42 CDT 2020

On 5/28/20 6:15 PM, Fred Cisin via cctalk wrote:

> TRS80 base model had 4K of RAM (upgradable to 16K), and "Level 1 BASIC"
> in ROM at the bottom (preventing easy use of CP/M),

KiloBaud Microcomputing  April 1979
Page 148: FMG Corporation -- CP/M for the TRS-80

That wasn't the one I used but the magazine was sitting right here
and I don't have time to dig up which one I had.

CP/M was available for all the TRS-80's never looked to see how it
got around the ROM stuff, but I know it did.  Even had CP/M 3.0
for the Model4 and the Model 2/12/16.

bill