Microsoft open sources GWBASIC

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Fri May 22 14:50:55 CDT 2020

On Fri, 22 May 2020, ben via cctalk wrote:
> Confused here. Pirates or Micosoft history?
> Runs.
> Ben.

BOTH.  Microsoft history is "based on" a true story; and then
fictionalized.  As we age, unrefreshed dynamic wetware RAM fades and
distorts, so we remember only certain parts and only in ways that our
brains come up with.
Keep in mind the "blind men and the elephant".  Each of the groups
involved in creating the internet has a TOTALLY different concept of what
happened and who the major players were.  For example, to what extent was
the motivation for the internet for the purpose of uninterrupted IRS tax
collection after apocalypse?

Pirates is total fantasy that might sorta claim to have been "inspired
by", by those who were not there, and with no factual nor historical
content.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com